Wednesday, October 29, 2008

And they're off...

This morning before the sun arose I pulled Traeton out of bed to shower and hit the road to Juarez, Mexico for his very first mission trip! He and Todd are joining a very large group, about 57, from our Sunday school class to build houses for the extremely impoverished in Juarez.

Todd and Trae have been working toward this trip for quite a while and Traeton is beyond excited to do God's work! He is bubbling over with anticipation. I pray his little perspective on life would be rocked and he would never again fall into the self-righteous mindset in which he currently lives, not unlike most seven-year-olds in Highlands Ranch, CO.

I will post pictures as soon as I have them!

Also, I have neglected to post that I, myself, will be leaving the country. Next week, on election day and Lisa Bowden's birthday, I will be taking off for the Philippines and Thailand. I will be spending 11 days with my childhood friend, Julie Gooden and her family. They're living in Manila for a few years and I wanted to take advantage of the opportunity to visit this part of the world, a part I may never again be able to go.

Busy times in the Burmeister home!

No comments: