Thursday, June 5, 2008

Twelve days...

It is so true that the older you get the faster time flies. It seems like Lindsey just got engaged and set her wedding date for nearly 1 1/2 years out. Well in ten days her wedding day will be here! Incredible! When Todd and I met and began dating Lindsey was only 12 years old. Now she is all grown up ready to make a family of her own.

Her wedding weekend is also Father's Day weekend and her Mother's 60th birthday that very next Monday, two days later. So that this monumental birthday was not overlooked during a busy wedding weekend Todd and I offered to plan and host her birthday party at our home.

Since all the extended family will be in town for the wedding we'll be able to include everyone from far and near. We are getting anxious for the big birthday bash in just twelve days!! She chose to have a fajita bar, her favorite. So we've added a margarita machine, also her favorite. I have all the rentals reserved, the entertainment lined up, the invitations out and R.s.v.p.s in. I haven't counted the list lately but I am sure we're pushing 70 or 80.

Todd and I have been working endlessly in the yard re-mulching, weeding, transplanting, reseeding dead spots in the lawn and the list goes on. I believe we are nearly there. I have a few planters to fill with flowers and our new garden was just finished this week so the children and I have to get some vegetables in the fresh soil!! This is one of my favorite things - vegetable gardens, a berry patches of course. Our berry patch is on the other side of the yard. This year we put in several new strawberry plants, a blackberry bush and a raspberry bush. I've been looking high and low for a blueberry bush but haven't seen one in a while.

The children are awaiting their Quality Time so I better not keep them waiting.

No comments: