Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Why The Guilt???

It is three o'clock in the afternoon. In 45 minutes I have to walk down the block to Traeton's school and pick him up. I have had Elias down for almost two hours and Addison fell asleep one hour ago. I have yet to complete one single thing off my growing 'to do' list. I have checked my email, I have caught up on Facebook and now I am posting on our blog. None of these things, in my mind, are productive ways to spend the afternoon. So, as a result I feel terribly guilty that I have wasted away this time.

WHY??? Why can't I chill for a few hours and not be productive with out feeling wasteful? How do we get to this point where we feel the need to constantly be achieving? If there isn't forward motion happening, crossing off tasks on the to-do list, then I feel I have fallen short, wasted the hours God has granted me to be all I can for my family, myself and my community.

Todd is so great at balancing. He feels no guilt to just check out for a while and play a game of Aquire on the net. Good for him. For ten years I have been trying to learn from him but it just frustrates me to know there are things to be done that are not getting done. Just call me Martha.

No comments: