Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Super Long Time

Since it has been a super long time since I've blogged I feel that I really need to post something. I am stuck in a conundrum, there really is nothing to write yet at the very same time there is so much to write I could never cover it all. Hmmm... Throughout my days I often think 'I could really post this' but then life sweeps time away, the sun falls out of our sky just to climb back up a few hours later and all my well-intended plans dissolve out of my brain.

So, as I wrote the above paragraph one topic did come to mind. I am preparing to embark on a whole new realm of adulthood...Quicken - finance tracking!! For all the years and summers and holiday vacations I worked for my Dad I entered more expenditures into Quicken than I believe was countable. I believe I was Quicken-ed out. Well those memories have faded enough that I believe it is time for me to get a glimpse into where our money is 'invested'. hehehe.

Don't read into this, we are not struggling in any way. We, to the best of my uninformed knowledge, are doing just fine. The problem is that I really don't know percentages. You know, what percentage goes to basic needs, food, shelter, etc. and what percentage goes to fluff.

I should really be spending my time setting up this new Quicken account and not babbling on and on about this. There probably is not another person in all Douglas County who is like me in this area. People here are way too in touch with their money, did I just say that??

No comments: