Thursday, January 22, 2009

Hello Friends...

I owe you all a new post. It has been way too long and lots has happened around here in the past week.

I did finish the silly Twilight series, what an experience that was. It has been over a week, Todd and I saw the movie and I have now moved on with life. Interesting affect that had on me but it is now part of my past, whew!

Eleven days ago my grandmother passed away. She was very special to me because she and my Grandpa were the family with whom we spent all our holidays. She has been on the decline for the past year at least so her passing is a good thing. I am not sad, I do not miss her, death is a good thing for those who know Jesus Christ as their savior. I will see her again when my time on this earth is finished.

I am sad for my Grandpa, however, as he is missing her greatly and is broken without her. They were married for 61 years and still best of friends. Last year, for their sixtieth anniversary, we had a huge family reunion. What a blessing to have that time with them to celebrate their lives, their marriage and their legacy. He truly didn't think he'd outlive her so this is an unexpected situation in which he finds himself. Our prayer is that time will dull the pain some and he will find himself a life worth living in his remaining years.

If you believe in prayer please pray for him when thoughts of him cross your mind.

ERB

No comments: