Friday, April 10, 2009

Rob This Day?

I woke this morning later than I prefer and by our two-year-old, a double whammy. This is not my ideal way to begin the day. I like to be up before our children so I can steal some time to myself with our Lord. It is the only quiet, unruffled time of the day.

I also woke with my head swirling with all the 'stuff' of life. Stuff I am doing and stuff I am not doing. Stuff I am pleased with and stuff with which I am not pleased. Stuff I would rather be doing and coveting others because they are. I am stuck in a worldly mindset this morning.

That mindset is not a good place to be settled ever but especially on the morning of Good Friday! As I poured out my frustrations to the Lord (Elias was happily stationed in front of Sesame Street and Traeton was restlessly reading in his room) the Holy Spirit showed me that this is all spiritual warfare... Satan is distracting me from the most important focus of the day. Satan is trying to rob this day from Jesus Christ who suffered this day for all of us. Satan is doing what he does best as the father of lies and that is tricking me into thinking all the stuff of this life is more important than the stuff of heaven.

So with a refocused perspective and a fresh view of the day I am choosing to ignore Satan and his wiles and instead focus on our Savior.

Let this be a day of clear perspective for you as well.

No comments: