Friday, May 15, 2009

Pool Opening Party - part III

So this morning everything was a go! All the food ready, the volunteers showed up and worked hard, the weather was beautiful! Perfect setting for a pool opening party.

The party was slated to begin at 12 noon. At 11:30 I run home to heat the Chick-Fil-A nuggets. I am home for just a few minutes when the phone rings and I am told someone pooped in the pool! Thirty minutes to go time - poop in the pool! The pool is emptied of all warm bodies. Emergency phone calls were made. Pool people show up and measured the chemicals - they add chemicals - we wait 30 minutes - they shock the pool (more chemicals) - we wait another 30 minutes. Finally the party ends at 3 p.m. with the pool still closed!

I have a marg in hand and I am heading out back to sit in the sun and read a book.

Here's to the 2009 Weatherstone Pool Opening Party!

No comments: