Thursday, May 15, 2008

A Realization

I started this blog several days ago, visiting it every day, adding an element here and there. Yet I still haven't sent the address to anyone. As of right now no one even knows this exists, at least, no one that knows me. Why is this? What do I want to accomplish through this blog? Why do I feel the need to have a family blog?

Earlier this week I had a realization, a moment of understanding, about the lack of updates from far off friends that used to fill my inbox. I realized that I no longer get updates from friends because that is completely outdated since the popularization of blogging and Facebook/My Space pages. So I immediately, not to be left in some high tech graveyard, developed a Facebook and blog for myself/our family.

Part of me is freaking out at the voyeuristic aspect of blogging. Do I really want people, friends and strangers alike, knowing intimate details about us? I really didn't think I was a private person at all until now...this is definitely pushing a comfort zone that I didn't even realize I had.

Another part of me is completely stoked about having a platform. A platform for what is yet to be determined. I love hearing/reading others' points of views and this is a fantastic way to be a voice but not an obtrusive voice.

So here we go...along the bumpy road of life. Welcome to 'Bumpin' Along With The Burms' because this is a wild ride.

ERB

No comments: