Monday, May 26, 2008

Thinking Twice!?!?!

Okay, this is a humble moment for me... Todd and I are beginning to wonder if Eli really does have chicken pox or if it is a really bad case of Hand, Foot and Mouth. There are two reasons for this: 1. The spots/blisters never made it to his torso, neck or scalp, all the sores are on his arms and legs. Chicken pox works the opposite way, torso/back first then to the remaining part of the body. 2. Another child with whom we've been recently has now broken out with them. The gestation period for pox is around 14 days. We were with this little boy only five days ago.

So, it is off to the doctor we go tomorrow. Yes, our little friends will have to tag along. Hopefully they'll get us in and out very quickly considering the 'diagnosis'. Trae and Addie will be in school so I'll be at my normal number of three children.

Curious though... Neither Trae nor Addison have shown any signs of being infected with HFM which is odd because neither of them have ever had it. BUT they've both had chicken pox which would explain the lack of symptoms (if Eli does indeed have chicken pox).

And, yes, I am sick to my stomach to think we've completely exposed our little guests to this yucky disease. I am afraid to tell their parents.

We'll see what happens. I'll post when I know more.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you, dear friends, for watching our most valuable possessions while we were away! We had a wonderful time in Santa Fe and I'm certain the kids did with you as well! Carly has since learned to crawl out of her crib, so off went the rails in case she decided to fall. We'll take Ryan to the doc tomorrow to confirm he doesn't have the chicken pox. All in a days work and boy am I glad to be back at it again! Remember, we owe you! xoxo, Jen