Tuesday, July 22, 2008

It has been well over a week since I last posted... I've been waiting for the next event to take place so I'd have something to write, pictures to upload. There hasn't been anything monumental happen in our home in over a week, whew. Hard to believe considering how this summer has gone.

These last weeks of summer vacation we are spending our days doing summery stuff, the zoo, parks, concerts in the park, swimming at the pool. It is wonderful. While all the birthdays are parties are super fun, wouldn't do life without them, this probably more enjoyable for me, cruisin' along to the beat of summer.

Traeton and Addison have only two weeks left before school begins. I am not looking forward to their return, I am actually feeling much as I did when I was a kid, mourning the last few days/weeks of the break. There is a part of me that longs for the return of routine. But I am learning that as time flies on my days with Traeton and Addison and Elias are flying away as well.

We have some friends who recently considered packing up the family and moving away for a year. Just to get away from the hectic pace we all keep. They planned to do nothing, no sports, no camps, no extra-curriculars, nothing but one another. I thought this was a fabulous idea. I would do the same thing without taking a breath if Todd's career was conducive to it. Unfortunately Todd does not have that type of career. Our friends decided to stay, God spoke clearly with confirmation and they've listened and obeyed.

Lord, please let these days of empty schedules last... I will always treasure the days when we have no where to go, no schedule to keep, no practice to attend. In my world, that is one of my most favorite things.

No comments: