Friday, July 25, 2008

"Praise the Lord, O Jerusalem!
Praise your God, O Zion!
For he has fortified the bars of your gates
and blessed your children within you.
He sends peace across your nation
and satisfies you with plenty of the finest wheat."
Psalm 147:12-14
Today, July 25, Todd and I celebrate our tenth anniversary! I am brought to complete humility when I reflect on the years we've spent together. The Lord has blessed us beyond measure, He has protected us, guided us, gifted us and counseled us countless times - 'he has fortified the bars of our gates.'
In this world where marriages are disposable, temporary and victimized I feel that Todd and I have conquered many a battle that would have otherwise destroyed our union. We are resolved that our marriage has a lifetime guarantee since it was formed by God and is sustained by our threefold cord.
We praise God for he has 'blessed our children within us,' 'sent peace to our nation (family),' and continuously 'satisfies us with the finest wheat (basic needs).'
I love you Todd! Here's to the rest of our lives!

No comments: